Dosch OBJ import Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2007 » Archive February 2007 » Dosch OBJ import « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Des Clarke
Advanced Member
Username: Desclarke

Post Number: 137

Posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 03:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Hi all,
I bought some transport models from Dosch today. The model comes in fine, but the textures didn't. The textures are bmp files and gave an Fz error when I tested an image import. So I did a batch conversion using "Graphic Convertor" to bmp again and keeping original file names. Was then able to view bmp's in FormZ, so they are ok now. Problem is, they are not being imported with the 3d model even after I direct the search path directly to the bmp's. I export obj's from poser all the time and always get the textures imported fine.
Zweb, I'm emailing you (.safe) an OBJ file with the textures as I got them from Dosch, can you have a look at it?

Cheers,

Des

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 1521

Posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 05:24 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Des,

Thanks for sending your file. We have reproduced this problem, fixed the Import, sent the fixed file back to you, and reported this so that it can be corrected. Thanks again for sending your file.

ZWebTech Support

Des Clarke
Advanced Member
Username: Desclarke

Post Number: 138

Posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 06:06 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Thanks so much for fixing it for me. Great tip on the mtl file! I'm now using the find and replace function in "text edit" to change the file format for the other models, don't like using bmp myself. You guys are the best.....

Des