Image size/Render size on screen Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2007 » Archive February 2007 » Image size/Render size on screen « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Des Clarke
Advanced Member
Username: Desclarke

Post Number: 139

Posted on Friday, February 09, 2007 - 07:12 am:   Edit Post Print Post

A small problem from a while back seems to have resurfaced. If you set image size to larger than window size, and then render, only top left becomes visible while rendering (depends on image size). Seems to happen constantly in 6.1.1, whereas could be fixed before by clearing render memory etc.
You still get full render completed, but I like to be able to see the render progress fully on screen.

Des

OSX 10.4.8
FZ 6.1.1
4.5gig ram
Dual 2.7 G5

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 1546

Posted on Friday, February 09, 2007 - 12:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Des,

We are not reproducing this problem here. If you start a new file, draw a cube, then go into image options and set Use Custom Size to a size larger than your screen/window, then render, do you still have the problem? Is this a file that has a saved view that is doing this? What steps do you take to get this result?

ZWebTech Support

Jason Brown
Username: Valkama

Post Number: 53

Posted on Friday, February 09, 2007 - 04:15 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Z

This also happens to me all the time. usually the first time i adjust the resolution higher than the screen size its ok, but after a couple times switching views then going back to render its just shows the top left corner

thanks

jason

Brian Parish
Username: Upsidedown

Post Number: 28

Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 01:05 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

This happens here too after it had been gone for a while. Mine will render several correct and then fail.

Set image size to 3000x2250.
Render with Set Image Size.
Change the view from the view palette.
Z will start trying to re-render the whole view (another bug).
Hit esc to cancel the rendering.
The wireframe comes up as only the far left corner.

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 1558

Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 01:50 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Brian et al,

We have verified that if you execute a Set Image Size rendering more than once and then change views, formZ will start rendering. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we will get this corrected.

I am still not reproducing the redraw problem in the upper left corner. Does this happen with Default Prefs and a New Model with just a cube -- and then following your directions -- or is there something else that needs to occur to make this happen?

ZWebTech Support

Des Clarke
Advanced Member
Username: Desclarke

Post Number: 141

Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 03:37 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Zweb, sorry for not getting back sooner. I don't seem to recall exactly how it occurs, but it seems to happen as Jason and Brian say. I do cancel renders all the time while testing lighting etc. The file I'm working on which it occured on is ok now (must have been restart of FZ since yesterday). I'm watching more carefully, so I'll try to get some sort of a sequence of when/if it happens again. What I have noticed in the past is, it only seems to happen (if it does) on larger files, so a cube test wouldn't suffice for a test.

Des

Brian Parish
Username: Upsidedown

Post Number: 30

Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 12:19 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

the cube will not work because the cancel during rendering (I think it's during calculating shadows) is what seems to really throw it off. Not sure if it's with the defaults or not, but sorry, I can't test this right now.