Question about scenes Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2007 » Archive February 2007 » Question about scenes « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

easymatic
Username: Easymatic

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 09:28 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Small questions: scenes have a real time memory (it updates to most recent settings) however I would prefer scenes to stay set to the the settings at the moment I create a new scene (more like views work). Is this possible?
Thanks Easy

Craig Williams
Username: Craigwilliams

Post Number: 167

Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 02:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

easymatic,

If I understand your question correctly...

Once you create a scene, you need to either deselect it (by turning off the check mark next to it) or lock it to stop it from updating continuously.

I find the lock is better since I can no longer make any accidental changes to the scene. This is not the case if you select the scene and forget to immediately turn off the check mark.

Also, you may want to option-click (control-click) on the newly created scene and deselect the OBJECTS option. If you don't do this and you construct additional objects after creating this scene, the next time you make it active, all the objects constructed after the scene was created will be ghosted. The only way to turn these visible again is through the objects palette (It won't be a fun time).

Craig

easymatic
Username: Easymatic

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 03:22 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Very clear answer thanks!

m_s
Username: Maher

Post Number: 187

Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 03:28 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Craig

I also find that adding a default scene(0) where everything is on to be very helpful..
-m