Cross Skinning Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2007 » Archive February 2007 » Cross Skinning « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

thedigitaldraftsman
Username: Tdd

Post Number: 45

Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 02:33 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

ZWebTech,

I'm working through the cross skinning tutorial section 13.3. Up to this point when I receive different results than what is shown, I've been able to find my error/incorrect setting and fix it.

Now however, I'm stuck on the cross skinning operation. I've created the two perpendicular ellipses as insructed, settings as noted, but continue to get the following message: For the cross skin operation, an improper number of points of a source touch (or are close to) the path. The tolerence may need to be adjusted. ID=O.88

What am I missing?

KSB

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 1577

Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 03:35 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

KSB,

The Cross Skinning operation is very sensitive to the sharing/location of points between the sources. There are several methods for this tutorial to work as shown. One is to create Facetted Elllipses. Another is to use the Insert Point tool (with the Line Editing tools) to create matching points on the Smooth Ellipses. And yet one more is to draw the Ellipses as Smooth but change the Cross Skin Tolerance setting to a much larger amount (for example 10').

Does this now work?

ZWebTech Support

thedigitaldraftsman
Username: Tdd

Post Number: 46

Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 04:00 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

ZWebTech,

Yes, this is what I thought looked amiss. I just wasn't sure how to go about correcting it.

I went with the add point tool suggestion. Worked like a charm.

Thanks for the assist.

KSB