Real time render Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2007 » Archive February 2007 » Real time render « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

jeroen
Username: Hbg

Post Number: 34

Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 12:15 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

I am starting to use the open GL mode more and more (thanks to the space navigator) Long time ago I read about the lightworks realtime render but is seems to be to expensive for including in formZ. Any plans for a plugin? In my opinion it would be the least lightwork could do to keep us happy (I had to buy maxwell to replace radiozity...)

jeroen

Post Number: 35

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 09:12 am:   Edit Post Print Post

An other question in relation to this; is there a way to use formz in full screen mode. I mean without the menu, I also noticed that when i hide the palletes that the 3d connexion pallete does not disapear.

Andrew Dehus
Username: Adios

Post Number: 32
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Print Post

These seem like valid questions, and while I hadn't thought about it before I'm interested to hear something about them.

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 1587

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 12:12 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Jeroen,

As mentioned a number of times already, we had to decide against picking up Lightwork's implementation of OpenGL for a number of reasons, the most important being that it is not interactive enough (ie, it does not support well the generation of objects, transforming objects, etc). It is intended only as a fast preview mode for RenderZone rendering.

The good news is that we are making some major extensions to our own OpenGL, which we expect to start beta testing in early March.

Regarding the hiding of Palettes that are generated by Plugins, this is something that we are working on. (Currently they will need to be hidden individually.)

ZWebTech Support

jeroen

Post Number: 36

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 01:02 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Ok, thanks for the info, a better openGL sounds good to me, I use it in modeling but now also for presentations. (realtime walktroughs) Maybe a fullscreen mode is a good sugestion? I think more people use FormZ this way. And if you update the OpenGL mode it would make very good use of that.

Jean-Luc DAUREIL
Username: Jean_luc

Post Number: 158

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 02:51 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

ZWebTech Support

You can't imagine how I'm happy to read your announcement!

Roman
Username: Teamturbo

Post Number: 15
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 09:42 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Does the new OpenGL include an option for selecting objects by clicking on their face while ignoring non-visible objects? Right now, selection is like pulling hair.