A couple of minor suggestions... Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2007 » Archive February 2007 » A couple of minor suggestions... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peder Lindbom
Advanced Member
Username: Peder

Post Number: 129

Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 08:43 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Here are a couple of minor suggestions for enhancements of the FZ user experience:

1) The perp. switch should temporarily override the lock drawing to first point and lock drawing to ref. plane. These options cancel each other out. That would save a few clicks...

2) Couldn't the insert tools prompt the user for a face if none have been prepicked rather than throwing up a rather unhelpful error dialogue?

3) Couldn't the terrain tool ask for a double click(or some other confirmation) at the end of contour selection instead of failing the user that does not know to prepick the contours using the pick tool?

3.5) Perhaps the above could be extended so that manipulations that have the option of prepicking could be forced to be suspended using a key combo. So if I for instance pick the move tool and then remember I need to add several objects before carrying out the move I could click those objects with a modifier key suppressed while staying inside the move tool.

Peder
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 1593

Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 08:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Peder,

Thanks for your suggestions. I am not sure that #3 makes sense because if the user does not know to pre-pick contours, they will not know to double-click. #3.5 sounds like it could do what you want for #3, and a lot more... :-)

ZWebTech Support