RenderClient 6.1.1 update Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2007 » Archive February 2007 » RenderClient 6.1.1 update « Previous Next »

Author Message
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Des Clarke
Senior Member
Username: Desclarke

Post Number: 153
Registered: 11-2001


Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 09:19 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Zweb, the auto update gives errors if "don't create backup" is selected for the above (Renderclient doesn't seem to quit fast enough). To get around it I had to select "create backup", it works then. Tried it on two Mac dual G5's. Just thought you'd like to know....

Des
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

support@formZ.com
Moderator
Username: Tech

Post Number: 1600
Registered: 04-2001


Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 10:22 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Des,

Thanks for your report, we will get this corrected.

ZWebTech Support
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

support@formZ.com
Moderator
Username: Tech

Post Number: 1630
Registered: 04-2001


Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 12:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Des,

We tested this again and are not reproducing this. The person who tested this originally tried to patch a folder that had Read Only access. Could this be the problem that you were experiencing?

ZWebTech Support
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Des Clarke
Senior Member
Username: Desclarke

Post Number: 162
Registered: 11-2001


Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 02:57 am:   Edit Post Print Post

All folders in the FormZ folder and enclosed folders are "Read and Write". What I observed was Render Client wasn't quiting fast enough as the auto update was installing. Errors occurred while I could still see Render Client running, then when it finally quit (and the update was in progress), the errors stopped occuring. So auto update couldn't update items that were still running. That's why I think selecting "Create Backup" worked because it wrote a new render client folder. Anyway, I've updated, so "I'm alright Jack"

Des