Minor bugs and suggestions Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2007 » Archive February 2007 » Minor bugs and suggestions « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

pylon
Username: Pylon

Post Number: 64

Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 05:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

zweb,

Bugs:

1. Currently, when accessing the "Query Object" dialog by way of the "Query Object Attributes" dialog, the 'edit' button for the object's parameter's is locked out.

2. Checking an empty group in the 'objects' palette and hitting the delete key or using the delete tool does not delete the group.

3. When importing many files (AI, STEP, etc.) into a new file, the 3dconnexion spaceball will not work in the new modeling window. (Until saved as formZ and re-opened.)

Requests:

1. Add 'set screw' to the list of detailed screw head types.

2. Add 'torx' to the list of detailed screw drive types.

3. Add custom color for crosshair cursor. I can hardly see mine on a middle-grey background.

Thanks.

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 1604

Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 05:28 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Pylon,

1. This is actually as expected, because if you changed some of the attributes of an object and then Query / Edit and reconstructed the object, then the Attribute changes would be lost. Thus this is dimmed. Are you aware that there is a Query Parameters tool (which you can even access vial the right click menu) that will allow you to access the Query / Edit settings directly?

2. You can work around this problem by right-clicking on the group and selecting Delete.

Thanks for your reports (and suggestions). We will get these corrected (or added to our suggestions list).

ZWebTech Support

pylon
Username: Pylon

Post Number: 66

Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 05:47 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

1. Yes, that makes sense. I have to say that I wish all 3 dialogs were combined into one, with a list at the side (like in formZ preferences) to choose 'object', 'attributes,' 'parameters,' and 'display resolution'. I think this arrangement much more logical and easy to navigate that 3 separate tools, and much more clear for newcomers.

I have all 3 query types hooked up to key shortcuts...

Thanks.