Export format for web publishing? Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2007 » Archive February 2007 » Export format for web publishing? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Knut Oderud
Username: Knut

Post Number: 6

Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 01:08 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

I remember back in 97 at version 2.9 for Mac I could render to QuickTime VR. In a couple of weeks I will start working with the 6.x version for Windows, but I am not sure what the most common formats are for web publishing. I want my clients to virually walk around in the scenes. Any idea?

I am also looking for inspirational links to something similar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chris Dordoni
Username: Chris

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 08:10 am:   Edit Post Print Post

I wish there were a simple answer; however, the right format depends largely on your publishing application(s). Choice of publishing application(s) depends on the level of functionality you need.

If you want to walk around the interior of a house for example, without modifying the wall color or the furniture, etc., there are many apps that will let you do this relatively easily.

However, if you need to change content on the fly based on user input, you'll need an app that can handle some type of scripting.