Problem with difference Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2007 » Archive February 2007 » Problem with difference « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roman
Username: Teamturbo

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 09:13 am:   Edit Post Print Post

application/octet-stream
problem.fmz (337.1 k)

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The same objects used for differencing, when moved, refuses to work on the same object.

Also, if you have two coincidental points that you want to work with, how can you differentiate between them? (without turning off objects/layers)

Roman
Username: Teamturbo

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 09:23 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Ok, sorry, I forgot to run the doctor tool and found a duplicate point which solved the problem. However, it's curious that one part of the object is ok, but another part is not. It would be very nice if the dif. tool noted the problem and offered to fix the problem. As for coincidental points, Rhino is almost there, giving a mini drop down menu naming the parent objects. However, it would be even better if, when mousing down the drop-down menu, the parent object would highlight lightly so you know which object you're dealing with visually.

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 1659

Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 09:26 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Roman,

Run the Object Doctor --

EDIT -- Ok, good, you found the problem geometry. If this problem is not in the area of the Boolean, then it may not affect the result, but if it gets considered, then it can cause a problem.

I suppose that it could offer to run the Object Doctor if the Boolean should fail, but if the objects are complex, then this could be time consuming, so it probably should not happen automatically...

ZWebTech Support