Root directory issue between PC's and... Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2012 » Archive July - Dec 2012 » Root directory issue between PC's and Macs « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Allan Leclaire
Username: Allanarch3

Post Number: 414
Posted on Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 03:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Greetings Support,

We are having an issue with the way formz on different platforms accesses textures on our network. We have a shared drive on our network. P:\. FormZ running on PC's never had issues finding textures from machine to machine since the path is the same. However, when you use a mac, the path is Volumes/P/. So if you create a model on either platform, formZ cannot find the textures when you switch platforms.

I am sure other people may have had this issue before. What do you recommend as a solution? In this office, we all need to be able to share models, and this is becoming an issue for us.

Thanks in advance,

Allan

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 16942

Posted on Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 03:24 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Hi Allan,

If you set a file search path to the texture directory, does this help?

Allan Leclaire
Username: Allanarch3

Post Number: 415
Posted on Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 06:07 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Yes! Thank you. I knew I had to missing something simple. I think I got sidetracked because I first tried changing my preferences with the correct path on formZ 7, and I think that is not working right now (known issue). And so of course I forgot to change my preferences and add the correct path to formZ 6.

Thanks again.