delete workspaces bug ? Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2012 » Archive July - Dec 2012 » delete workspaces bug ? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

psonicpsunspot
Username: Psunspot

Post Number: 14
Posted on Saturday, August 11, 2012 - 05:37 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Dear FormZ ...

Love the new version ....

Here some problems I came along : ...

I try to delete a self made workspace with the delete icon in the workspace manager tool pallete. The workspace deletes from the list, but when i quit and restart the program, the old workspace appears again in the list ... how can i solve this ...

Also need for a converter of all my material libraries ...

When i convert libraries, the links to the textures seems to disappear ...

Hope you can help or solve this ...

Dennis Andes
Username: Dennisa

Post Number: 200
Posted on Saturday, August 11, 2012 - 07:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Psunspot. If you are reffering to .zlb libraries.-you may have to relink on opening. Also .pct are not suitable they need to be converted to psd, tifs etc.

FormZ Support- I think it may be a good post to give exact steps to save a new workspace (including palette layouts). Is there a way to load a workspace similar to Loading preferences in Fmz6 ? If you create a workspace (created space) and rearrange palettes what are steps getting back to original created space.

Dan Shear
Username: Redrngr

Post Number: 688

Posted on Saturday, August 11, 2012 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Print Post

What OS are you using? If Mac OS X then try the following: From the GO Pulldown Menu Select Home or Library (I am not currently using my iMac now)then Select Preferences / look for the Autodessys Inc folder, then Open the formZ 7.0.0 Folder. Next, Try deleting the workspace file. Close your formZ 7.0.0 app file. Then restart a new formZ 7.0.0 Session.

Does that help?

Dan S.

psonicpsunspot
Username: Psunspot

Post Number: 15
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 03:50 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Thanks ... i was able to remove the workspaces ... but the delete button on the workspace manager tool seems to be a bug.

I ment de materials .zmt
The libraries convert ok, but the links to all the materials get lost ...

Autodessys ... it would be interesting to publish a paper on how convert our old materials and libraries in a correct and quick we and how reestablish the links to the materials ...

Thanks in advance ...

Dan Shear
Username: Redrngr

Post Number: 689

Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 10:21 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Below is what Zweb Tech Support wrote when I was having similar problems that you mention, when I was running formZ 7 Beta:

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 14410

Posted on Monday, October 03, 2011 - 12:45 pm:

Dan,

In version 7, open the file to which you wish to add the Materials. Then select File: Open, select the file from which you wish to "import" the materials, check the Add to Project checkbox and click Open. From the following dialog, check only Materials (or anything else you wish to import) and click OK...

Perhaps this helpful?

Dan S.

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 17208

Posted on Monday, August 13, 2012 - 08:29 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Psonic,

Yes, the Delete Workspaces function is not working properly. Thanks for your report, we will get this corrected, and for now you can delete the Workspace file manually (on Windows, this will be in User: App Data: Roaming: autodessys: Workspaces).

Currently you will need to add your ZMT Materials to a formZ 6 project, save the file, and open this in 7. Then you can add these to your library there. (We are looking into making a script that will do this automatically, but this is not yet available.)