missing options in v7? Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2012 » Archive July - Dec 2012 » missing options in v7? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Elliott Steinberg
Username: Designberg

Post Number: 15
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2012 - 04:22 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Am I missing something or is the option to "return to pick tool" gone in v7?

I find it terribly annoying that I can't edit/create surface styles from within the decal window. Why did that change?

Why is it that grouped objects can't be selected individually? Or is that an issue with opening old files in v7?

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 17335

Posted on Friday, August 24, 2012 - 05:13 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Hi Elliott,

The Return to Pick option is available in Preferences: Modeling. (However, we would highly recommend against using this, as this option is generally quite inefficient.)

The Material Parameters is a Palette, and you can't open palettes from within Dialogs.

Choose Unlock Groups from the Edit Menu or right click the group and choose Edit Group if you wish to work inside of a group.

Dan Shear
Username: Redrngr

Post Number: 694

Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2012 - 04:37 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Hi Elliott,

I think what Zweb is stating regarding "the return to pick tool" is right on target. In short, there is a prominent Orange Buffer Mode from any tool you use. So, you can for example, create an extrude rectangle. Than say you want to Control round the top face (you can select the Command key Mac or Control Key Windows) and that will allow you to select the topological level of the top face. Then enter say a rounding radius you think is the correct round. Now, you see that you have the option to change the radius value that you previously set for rounding. In short, this is a wonderful feature! Simply there is no need to undo and create again. So, no need to return to the pick tool! Rather, you continue you adjustments with in the orange buffer mode. Also, with formZ 7.0.0 there no more of the dialog boxes, as everything is right in front of you. Furthermore, give it a try. Also, watch the formZ 7 Videos - Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. These 3 videos feature formZ 7 and see how smoothly and effectively and efficiently Matt is working to create what ever is at hand. IMO, formZ 7.0.0 is welcome breath of fresh air (in terms of how you work) and it is Super!

Dan S.

Elliott Steinberg
Username: Designberg

Post Number: 16
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 01:26 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Thanks Dan. Maybe I have to learn a new way to work after 15 years on the old FormZ... I'll have to figure out what works best for me. Even then, there are things that the new version can't do that I'll have to learn to live without (like editing surface styles from within the decals dialogue).

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 17347

Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 02:14 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Elliott,

Editing Materials from within the Decals dialog is an expected "limitation" but if you have other things that you want to do that are not as you would like, please send us an email with a description so we can help.