Hatch questions Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2012 » Archive July - Dec 2012 » Hatch questions « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul Hunnicutt
Username: Asonearchitecture

Post Number: 291
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2012 - 07:25 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

This is part of my first foray into doing 3D architectural detailing in FormZ. It is really phenomenal to have hatching working.

1. How do you remove a hatch once placed on an object? I can edit to a different hatch, but not get rid of it.

2. I finally figured out you have to drag and drop a hatch into the Tool Options palette to change the Cross Section hatch....maybe a double click on a hatch would also change cross section hatches? I know the manual does indeed describe drag & drop, but I tried the intuitive approach first and took me a while to get it.

3. Why is there a slider in the cross section and hatch tool options? you do not seem to be able to load multiple hatches here and the slider does not do anything...unless I am missing something.

4. Where would I find the default .pat files? I accidentally deleted a hatch from the palette and would like to reload it.

5. It also might be nice to have a bolder or red square around the active hatch in the Hatches palette....sort of hard to see which one is active.

(Message edited by asonearchitecture on September 03, 2012)

(Message edited by asonearchitecture on September 03, 2012)

Paul Hunnicutt

Post Number: 292
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2012 - 07:43 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

6. It would be cool to be able to have a hatch display a '/' and 'X' through materials when you cut them. As in the graphic display for a 2x4 cut in section. Otherwise I have to apply this manually in an annotations layer.

Paul Hunnicutt

Post Number: 293
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2012 - 11:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

7. I also notice that if you make a section cut permanent then the hatch disappears. Everything cut in section goes white. I thought I might be able to cut a section and import DWG with color and hatches present in the cut faces.

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 17407

Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 11:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Paul,

You can remove a hatch placed on an object or a face by dragging the very first hatch pattern which appears in the Hatch Palette as white. This is simply the "None" hatch. If you hold down cmd (OSX) or ctrl (Windows) you can add or remove hatches on individual faces of objects as needed.

We can see if we can add a way to alter the hatch style by double clicking while the Cross Section tool options are active.

This slider currently does not do anything, thanks for your report, we'll get this corrected.

The default hatch patterns are not stored separately by form•Z. If you add a new hatch by opening a .pat file, form•Z will simply add this to your library. The Hatch library is intended to remain constant across all of your projects. As a result, the only way to currently get back to the default set would be to reset form•Z to defaults by quitting form•Z, eliminating the current Autodessys preferences folder and relaunching. We do not recommend doing this unless you absolutely need to, as all of the links to your other preferences files and so forth will be reset as well.

We will add a suggestion to improve the visibility of the active Hatch highlight box.

We will add the suggestion for Cross Section to make these more simple patterns when in use.

Thanks for you report regarding the making of permanent sections. We will get this corrected.