Bonzai to Formz Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2012 » Archive July - Dec 2012 » Bonzai to Formz « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chad Naeger
Username: Cnaeger

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 11:02 am:   Edit Post Print Post

I have been using Bonzai for a year now and was wondering what are the increased capabilities I get if I upgrade to FormZ 7.

I could not seem to find a chart comparing the 2 products. Love Bonzai btw.

Thanks,
Chad

Leonard Yee
Advanced Member
Username: Lenyee

Post Number: 105
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 11:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Chad,

I started out on Bonzai and had FormZ 6 to use at work. I found that I couldn't do what I needed to do with just Bonzai. I was constantly switching between the two depending on which handled the job better.
After some time, I found myself prefering the interface on Bonzai so I would find ways to complete my modeling with Bonzai.
FormZ 7 is a superset of Bonzai. I now, own both but can't see going back to Bonzai.
If you download the demo you can change the workspace to Bonzai. This will show the tools that are availible in Bonzai. Switch back to FormZ and you will see how many more tools are there.
I found that I can build the same models in both but often have a longer path in Bonzai.
I debated this as well and can tell you I don't regret upgrading. Sorry, I don't have a chart of the differences, just an opinion.

Regards,

Leonard

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 17476

Posted on Friday, September 07, 2012 - 03:15 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Chad,

We are working on a comparison chart, but it is not yet complete. Perhaps the best way to decide would be to download the Trial version of formZ -- which you can sign up for here:

http://www.formz.com/products/formz/formzTrial.html

Some notable features that formZ has that bonzai3d does not are: Animation, Layout Mode, many more tools (which you will see when you are running the program as Leonard suggests).

We will see if we can put up a link to the comparison chart here as soon as it is available...