Perhaps a dumb layout question... Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2012 » Archive July - Dec 2012 » Perhaps a dumb layout question... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Douglas McLean
Advanced Member
Username: Dmclean

Post Number: 112
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 09:21 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Sorry, but I'm getting a little confused about Layout. I've got my model, go to layout and create some frames that I get various views in. So far so good.

Then, when I go to dimension things, I get the physical dimensions of the drawing, not the scale dimension. Also all the snaps (.25" for example ) then become to the drawing page, not to the scale within the frame.

What am I doing wrong?

It all seemed so easy in older versions, but I'm sure I'm just not "getting" something here about the whole paradigm.

Douglas
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 17424

Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 10:56 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Douglas,

We have been testing this here, and if we use the fit option as we create the frame, dimensioning does not work properly. We will get this corrected. Otherwise, it appears to be working as expected.

Can you give us some more information on the steps you are taking to get the results you describe? If you draw a 20' square in a .fmz file, and then create a new layout using this file, what steps do we need to take to see your issues?

Also, what problem exactly are you describing with snaps? Can you elaborate on this one?