Opening FZ 6.7 files in FZ 7 is very ... Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2012 » Archive July - Dec 2012 » Opening FZ 6.7 files in FZ 7 is very slow... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carlos Rego
Username: Carlosrego

Post Number: 382
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 10:17 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Hi Zweb,

During beta testing I mentioned several times my concern with how slow it was to open FZ 6.7 files in FZ 7.
Your feedback was at the time that you were aware of the problem and were working on it. I was testing the demo of FZ 7 and I was surprised that the problem is still there. This for my work is a major issue. What I'm experiencing is long time to open the file and when I save the file as FZ 7 and open it again... it takes ages again to open the file whose geometry was supposed to be fully converted to the latest kernel of FZ 7. I'm using the exact same file I used in the private beta testing so I assume that you still have and can just do what I did to check this problem.
I sincerely don't know if this has to do with the fact that FZ 7 opens by default in shaded mode. If that's the case, how can I instruct FZ 7 to open files in wireframe mode by default?

Carlos

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 17422

Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 10:45 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Hi Carlos,

This issue is primarily caused by high display resolution settings from formZ 6. If you open the file there, choose a Simple: Medium (~50%) setting, save the file as a new name -- and then try opening the file in formZ 7, does this work better for you?

We do have another round of optimization planned for this, so this will be improved further in the future. Thanks for your report, we will get this corrected.

Carlos Rego
Username: Carlosrego

Post Number: 384
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 11:01 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Hi Zweb,

Imagine the scenario of not having FZ 6 to open those files.

I sincerely wish you solve this problem soon because it truly hurts FZ 7 usage.

Carlos

david hutcheson
Username: Hutchy1980

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 11:31 am:   Edit Post Print Post

I have the same issue Carlos, very frustrating as we have just entered our busy period.