Camera question Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2012 » Archive July - Dec 2012 » Camera question « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul Schuyler
Username: Pfschuyler

Post Number: 46
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2012 - 01:13 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

I've got the most basic (dumb) camera question. I've searched the manual, tutorials and forums but to no avail. When you have a 3d perspective saved as a view, and you make that the active view...is there a way to change that view while auto-saving it?

In other words I want to move the camera from within the viewport (not the cone of vision), and have those movements be saved. Right now, if I have a 3d view active and/or selected, and I change that view in any way, it immediately becomes inactive in the views palette. I'm trying to animate this camera, and I want to control the movements from within the viewport (i.e. first person). Any view tool used on the active 3d view immediately makes it inactive, making 1st person animation impossible. There must be something I'm missing? This is surprising because this kind of camera navigation is the default on every program I've used.

My goal is to use my 3dconnexion spaceball to animate a camera from within the viewport.

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 17497

Posted on Monday, September 10, 2012 - 10:22 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Paul,

You can make an existing camera visible and then move the entire camera, its eye point, or center of interest -- and that will update the camera, but there is currently not a way to adjust the view and then replace an existing view with the current one. Thanks for your suggestion, we will see if this can be added. For now, you can just delete the existing view and then resave a new one...

Paul Schuyler
Username: Pfschuyler

Post Number: 48
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2012 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Print Post

That ability to tweak and update an existing view, especially from within the view, would be a vital addition to FormZ. It would allow the ability to 'direct through the lens'; to alter the views of an animation without resorting to 3rd person modes or dialogs. Please put it on your shortlist....