V7 creating Component Libraries Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2012 » Archive July - Dec 2012 » V7 creating Component Libraries « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter O'Brien
Username: Spacer

Post Number: 492

Posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 - 05:18 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Hi,

I am still working under V6.7.3, and I have many rather poorly organized Symbol libraries which I have created over the years for particular projects. i have finally decided to put all this in good order, and create new symbol libraries as well. To do so I am opening all my old projects one by one(should take a week...) and gleaning all sorts of modelled elements to used in the new libraries. This I know how to do. BUT since I will soon be working in V7(have not yet bought it but will very soon), I am wondering if there might be a smarter work flow to optimize for V7?

For example should I wait till I get to V7 and do all directly from there? ANy suggestions would be helpful. I have used the Beta 7 a little last year, but am not too up to speed on its particularities...

thanks in advance!

Peter

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 17591

Posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 - 08:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Peter,

Components are simply .FMZ files that contain the objects of the component, and Libraries of Components are folders that contain these files.

formZ 7 will automatically convert formZ 6 Symbol Libraries into these folders of Components, so there should not be anything special that you need to do. Just make sure that the data contained in the symbols is as optimized as possible (just as you would for formZ 6).

Peter O'Brien
Username: Spacer

Post Number: 493

Posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 - 09:13 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Ok, So if I am speedier in V6, I will not be making a mistake by doing all this first in V6 , and then later bringing into V7?

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 17602

Posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 - 09:26 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Yes, that should be correct...