Wish for a texturemapping function... Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2012 » Archive July - Dec 2012 » Wish for a texturemapping function... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peder Lindbom
Username: Peder

Post Number: 1155

Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - 03:06 am:   Edit Post Print Post

What would be a great addition to FZ is a tool that would allow me to select a face and by clicking the tool it would:
Create a new material and apply it to said face.
Create a texture with the current shading and linework in case the texture had irregular edges or holes. So the texture would be the smallest square that encompasses the face.

Finally and this step is optional:
Open said texture in an image editor of your choice.

By simply editing the image and clicking save I could then have updated and mapped that texture to the face.

Would anyone else find this useful?

Kevin M
Intermediate Member
Username: Kevin_m

Post Number: 98
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - 10:59 am:   Edit Post Print Post

+1 for that suggestion.

I'd love to be able to click on an object or face and have it open up in Photoshop so that I could apply textures, paint, etc. on it. Include the ability to have Photoshop layers and I'd be set!

John Williams
Intermediate Member
Username: Envdesign

Post Number: 84
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - 05:12 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

I agree-some of these ideas would definitely be a workflow improvement. The current material editor is not really an improvement. It is no longer possible to create a new material whilst in the decal editing window (possible in earlier versions). If the material does not exist or needs to be edited, one must exit and create it (modify it) and go back to apply the decal. Lastly, it would be really great to be able to interactively adjust decals in a shaded mode, similar to the way the edit texture tool works.

Jaakko
Username: Jaakko

Post Number: 62

Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2012 - 01:28 am:   Edit Post Print Post

+1