Selections sets pallette Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2012 » Archive July - Dec 2012 » Selections sets pallette « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Leonard Yee
Advanced Member
Username: Lenyee

Post Number: 112
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2012 - 10:38 am:   Edit Post Print Post

How do I use this pallette. I've selected items and created a set but it shows there are no items in the set. How do I add items to a selection set? I tried to look it up in the manual but there doesn't seem to be a explaination. At least I am unable to find one with the search

Thanks for help in advance.

Leonard

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 17680

Posted on Friday, September 21, 2012 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Hi Leonard,

This should be pretty straightforward. Just check the desired category / categories (like Object Types), choose the type of entity in the category (like Cube or Cone), and click the Add to Pick button at the bottom.

By using multiple categories, you can, for example, select all the green cubes, or all the smooth objects on Layer 5...

The NAME section in the Attributes is particularly useful, as it can be used to select all Components whose name contains Chair -- for example...

In addition to adding to what is selected, you can also clear what is currently selected, or remove the current selection criteria from the current selection.

And use the green + sign to make additional selection sets.

Does this help?

Leonard Yee
Advanced Member
Username: Lenyee

Post Number: 113
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2012 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Yes, a little. I'm very visual so the explaination is a little confusing. Where is the category selection option?

What I am trying to select and save are particular surfaces on an object. If I understand correctly then I can't save that as a selection set.

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 17683

Posted on Friday, September 21, 2012 - 11:30 am:   Edit Post Print Post

The categories are the check-boxes (ie, Topology Type, Object Type, Model Type, Materials, Layers, Attributes...)

The Selection Sets save different categories of objects and not parts of objects (at least not yet). Would it work for you to (at least temporarily) Unstitch the desired faces from the rest of the object so you can access those faces as a separate object?