Allow drag and Topological levels Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2012 » Archive July - Dec 2012 » Allow drag and Topological levels « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Petter Andreas Larsen
Username: Palarsen

Post Number: 192

Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 04:56 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Perhaps we can have better options concerning "Allow drag"
In result buffer I would always want to be "allowed" to drag. If its not on, turning it on brings me out of result buffer.
During most modeling processes, I want it of, because I'm scared to accidentally move an object and not noticing it before it mens trouble.
Once in "edit controls" mode on an object, I need it back on.

How about a pulldown menu?

Allow drag:
off
result buffer/edit controls only
always on

Also: Is there a way to turn of the "toggle topological levels" that goes with tapping the alt key?
I end up in the wrong topological level, because I have accidentally tapped the alt key. Sometimes due to other shortcut combinations. Just turning it off, and using auto, or direct shortcuts works best for me.

/Petter

Jaspi
Username: Jaspi

Post Number: 314
Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 05:49 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Is there a way to turn of the "toggle topological levels"
would be very useful me too

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 17880

Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 08:35 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Petter,

Yes, perhaps changing it so that the "allow drag" only affects the pick tool and does not affect dragging controls when using Show Controls or when in the result buffer would be best?

If you don't like the "Tap Keys" (which can toggle the Copy modes and Topological levels) you can disable this in the Edit: Preferences: Modeling section.

Petter Andreas Larsen

Post Number: 194

Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 04:20 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Thanks!
Perhaps "Tap keys" could also be in the quick keys palette.
And we could be able to edit the shortcut?

seb
Username: Sebastian

Post Number: 58
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 08:06 am:   Edit Post Print Post

I think overall the "Tap keys" option works well for copying and all but the Pick tool.
(I am with Petter concerning occasionally unwanted changing of topological levels, it can be annoying when you want autopick but it has jumped to "point").

I really would like to have the possibility to at least jump to "Autopick" with a shortcut.
Autopick works 98% for me, it works great with the cmd-key.
For now when I hit F1 I get the only the pick tool, sometimes with the problem Petter addressed, I have to toggle through, thats sort of odd...
Can we get F1 (or any direct shortcut) to get to "Autopick" directly, without having to tap through ?

Also the pick icons on the left show no Info what Level it is at. Thats a downgrade from V6, where you can always see what Level it is at, imho.
Every tool has a popout palette, just the pick tool doesn't (apart from Area pick - but why does that show up there ?)
Would it be possible to allow users to add the topological levels to the Pick-pop out again?

Dragging and copying with Pick is very handy, and also a +1 one for the suggestion to use a simple doubleclick to show/hide controls, maybe even in conjunction with the deeper Information aka "Query" in FZ6...

Thanks for listening

support@formZ.com

Post Number: 17893

Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 08:13 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Seb,

Yes, we have a suggestion to allow a key shortcut that will activate the Pick tool AND activate the Auto Pick at the same time -- as well as a suggestion to Edit Component / Group, or Show Controls on a Double click. Hopefully these can be added in the near future.

We will also see what can be done to make the current topo level visible when the pick tool is active...

seb
Username: Sebastian

Post Number: 59
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 03:29 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

superb, thanks

Petter Andreas Larsen

Post Number: 196

Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 05:10 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

After trying for a while to work with the tap keys off, I need to turn them on again to have perpendicular switch, copy mode, insert and other great fast toggles that works great with tapping.
To me its only the topo-levels I want to switch off.
I stronger believe now, that they all belong in the quick keys palette, and possible to activate or turn off.
Default value of topo-levels set to off..
/Petter

support@formZ.com

Post Number: 17920

Posted on Monday, October 15, 2012 - 08:58 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Petter,

Thanks for your suggestion, we will see if this can be added.