how to stop rendering Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2012 » Archive July - Dec 2012 » how to stop rendering « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bo Atkinson
Username: Boa

Post Number: 626

Posted on Friday, October 12, 2012 - 09:23 am:   Edit Post Print Post

I was trying to stop render zone the old way which used to be the escape key or Command+period on Mac... It did not seem to stop as i patiently waited for it go through a couple more lines.

Is there a way to stop it with 7?

I looked up the word stop in the manual and it listed only one rendering-related page about Network Rendering.... Should that page be studied for non-network users? Does that page apply to stand alone machines?

Thanks

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 17905

Posted on Friday, October 12, 2012 - 09:26 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Bo,

Yes, either ESC or Command Period should stop a rendering.

A particularly complex rendering may take a little longer to cancel than a simple one -- but if you have a case where it is taking longer than you would expect, please zip and send the file to us so we can see what can be done to make the cancel operation more responsive.

Bo Atkinson
Username: Boa

Post Number: 628

Posted on Friday, October 12, 2012 - 09:51 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Sorry, i forgot to save the latest work on that file. Or thought it was saved before force quit.

I can't complain though... I need to hit Render with more care next time, (just do a small area, not the whole thing).