A couple of suggestions for the compo... Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2012 » Archive July - Dec 2012 » A couple of suggestions for the component manager « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nick Davies
Advanced Member
Username: Nikkkko

Post Number: 145
Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 05:33 am:   Edit Post Print Post

I'm having trouble tracking the use of components within models and I think it would be a lot easier if linked file information were available in the component manager :

1 I would like the option to be able to list Components in the Component Manager in the same way as they are listed in Files > Project Info > Linked Files, i.e., by pathname, both when looking at embedded or linked libraries.

2 When choosing to see embedded files as a list, those not linked would show just their names, those linked would show pathnames.

3 I'd like to be able to sort the list by name and by pathname.

4 I'd like to be able to save out that list or partially selected list as text or csv.

5 I'd like that by 5pm Friday please

Thanks

Nick
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 18003

Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 08:28 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Nick,

The Information Management needs to be improved to handle Components as well as objects -- and then it should be able to do most of what you are requesting. Thanks also for your other suggestions, we will see if this can be added for the future.