Cross section custom color Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2012 » Archive July - Dec 2012 » Cross section custom color « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul Hunnicutt
Username: Asonearchitecture

Post Number: 374
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 01:50 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

I cannot get the custom color settings to work for objects. Attributes-Cross Section-Section Color-Type

Regardless of options - objects are always yellow.

Pick a color, any color, and as soon as you deselect the Pick tool the object is always yellow.

Project clipping plane and Object Material work fine for me.

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 18107

Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 02:44 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Paul,

The color that you specify there should be applied to any selected objects. We did note that when you pick another object and try to set a color for this, it does revert to the yellow color, so we assume that this is what you are reporting, right? (Just correct us if we are wrong...) Thanks for your report, we will see if the "last used" color can be remembered for the future.

For now, if you always want the same color to be applied for all or most of your objects, go to the File Menu: Project Settings: Appearance Tab, create a custom appearance (if you are not using one already), and set a the Clipping Plane color there. Then in the Attributes, you can set Project Clipping Plane Color for your objects instead.

Does this help?

Paul Hunnicutt
Username: Asonearchitecture

Post Number: 375
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 03:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

exactly: if you want to set one object to a specific section color, different from the clipping plane color or its own object color, it reverts to yellow.

just wanted to report. using clipping plane color and object color work fine for me as you suggest.

thx.