Adjusting Of Smooth Object Resolution... Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2012 » Archive July - Dec 2012 » Adjusting Of Smooth Object Resolution - After Generation « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bo Atkinson
Username: Boa

Post Number: 637

Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 08:18 am:   Edit Post Print Post

I was trying to adjust geometric-resolution of smooth objects...

Products of axial-seeps, bend along path, modified smooth objects of several sorts...

I looked for an equivalent method to emulate V6 Query/ Edit/ Resolution.

I exported the V7 model to V6 and V6 was able to edit the smooth object resolution.

Yet i cannot find a way to edit geometric resolution of smooth object products in V7.

I do see that i can return to source objects (in V7 or V6) and edit geometric resolution of source objects.

Then go through smooth object generation steps all over again.

May i therefore ask: Is there any way to edit finished smooth products, directly, in V7?

(Message edited by boa on November 21, 2012)

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 18265

Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 09:39 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Bo,

Look in the tool options, Attributes tab, and choose Display Resolution from the drop down menu that is set to basic by default.

Bo Atkinson
Username: Boa

Post Number: 638

Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 12:47 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Thanks for that, but it doesn't seem to do both u&v interchangeably, nor the multiple other controls of version 6:

So far it seems possible to run both versions 6&7 side by side, so i suppose i can toggle+paste for this type of need.

(I'm using small bandwidth, off color gifs to conserve server space.)

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 18272

Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 01:43 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Bo,

This is because all of this has been replaced with definable faceting schemes. Switch the Simple slider to Scheme, click on the drop down menu and choose Faceting Schemes.

The settings are different now, and we recommend taking a quick look at the manual for how these work and what the settings do. You will want to go ahead with some trial and error testing on your object to get a feel for the new controls.