UI: please add more progress bars... Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2012 » Archive July - Dec 2012 » UI: please add more progress bars... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

markus groeteke
Username: 3dworks

Post Number: 448

Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 05:44 am:   Edit Post Print Post

still, with FZ7 it happens that under certain conditions, operations really take a long time, for example when undoing the 'reference' joining of a large DWG import plan. in that case it would be really useful to see a progress bar. problem is that you never know if FZ crashed or if it's just working through - quite nasty if you are in a hurry and have to decide if to force quite because after 5 minutes the color wheel is still spinning or to wait another 5 minutes to let FZ complete operations.

Rob P.
Username: Rob

Post Number: 72
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 11:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post

yes please !!
Is it possible when rendering too?.

Martin Leblanc
Username: Mleblanc

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 12:11 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Same here
My workflow include importing autocad files, which is done easily if you don't count on having text and dimensions displayed right, and then joining all the lines for easy manipulation and better redraw speed while making the 3d model.
Autocad is composed of various elements, so sometime joining a set of line can take a long long time because of points elements, text or blocks you haven't seen/deleted.

Having the ability to cancel the operation once you realize the cad file is not clean or having an idea of the time it while take to complete the operation would save me the force crash solution that I use as a workaround.
thx

markus groeteke
Username: 3dworks

Post Number: 453

Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 09:04 am:   Edit Post Print Post

another situation which could be improved in this direction is hidden line rendering. both FZ and imager go into a 'spinning wheel' situation, making you think that the program hangs. actually the application manager will tell you that the program is not responding for many minutes. after a (quite long!) time it spits out the hidden line drawing. reminds me of my first experiences with 3d apps beginning of the 90's ;)

(Message edited by 3dworks on November 24, 2012)

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 18287

Posted on Monday, November 26, 2012 - 09:18 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Markus,

We have reproduced the lack of a progress bar for the Joining lots of objects, and when generating Hidden Line renderings. If you have any other cases that need a progress bar, please let us know so we can get these addressed.

Rob,

In general rendering does use a progress bar. If you have a specific case that does not, please let us know.

Martin,

We have verified that the speed of Joining objects could probably be faster, and that it is not always canceling quickly. Thanks for your report, we will get this corrected.

Paul Hunnicutt
Username: Asonearchitecture

Post Number: 399
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2012 - 05:58 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

I would love to see progress bars added to Imager. Currently you only get "Pending" which isn't very informative. Heck I'd love for it to a be an actual view of the model being rendered.

Rob P.
Username: Rob

Post Number: 73
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2012 - 04:11 am:   Edit Post Print Post

once the rendering starts the progress bar is gone...it is just there at the beginning,saying.updating-forming surfaces- calculating shadows.