billboard tool showing ultra low res ... Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2012 » Archive July - Dec 2012 » billboard tool showing ultra low res image « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

chico sajovic
Username: Chico

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 08:07 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Using the billboard tool to bring in a large jpg image 2000x2800. When placed it shows up as a ultra low res image. The VIEW button shows the proper image. Within the VIEW window it appears that I am supposed to be able to size, crop and zoom the image but none of the controls worked for me.

I noticed a couple other peculiarities (1) doesn't import pdf (2) when paced coplanar with another surface FZ can't render the image properly.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 18355

Posted on Friday, November 30, 2012 - 08:27 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Chico,

There are settings for the resolution for images in the Shaded Work and Shaded Full Display Options. (Choose Display Options from the Palettes Menu.) By default this is set to 256 pixels per image (so it does not overload lesser graphics cards) but if you have a decent video card, you can increase this as you like.

There is currently a bug with the Image: View: Cropping. (Don't adjust anything there for now.) Thanks for your report, we will get this corrected.

PDF Images are not currently supported, but we will see if this can be added for the future.

In reality it is not possible for two surfaces to occupy the same space. You can do this in the virtual world, but then what should be shown would be ambiguous. Either move one surface above the other a little bit (and turn off its shadow casting if you like), or cut a hole in the larger object into which the smaller surface can be inset...