Hatch Tool Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2012 » Archive July - Dec 2012 » Hatch Tool « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

chico sajovic
Username: Chico

Post Number: 9
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2012 - 09:43 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

1. I accidentally deleted a hatch pattern from my palette and don't know where to find the file to load it back up.

2. how do you remove a hatch from an object?

evan troxel
Username: Evant

Post Number: 427

Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2012 - 03:45 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Also, how do hatches set to World work? It seems like they are all way too big in scale when set that way, which I assume is for printing. It seems like we need more control options for hatches, like a set scale option.

evan troxel

Post Number: 428

Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2012 - 03:45 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

or maybe some kind of way to just control them visually like the texture editing tool in the modeling environment.

chico sajovic
Username: Chico

Post Number: 11
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2012 - 06:41 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Open the HATCH EDIT tool to set the hatch rotation and origin. In the hatch tool option palette you can set the scale.

evan troxel

Post Number: 429

Posted on Monday, December 03, 2012 - 11:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Yes, I know you can set the scale in there, but it doesn't seem to do anything visually because the scale is so big. In World mode, the lowest number is 1. This setting is probably the largest you'd want to go when doing a scale drawing based on the tests I did. The fact is that the scale settings need to go much, much smaller.

You can also set the scale in Screen mode, but when you zoom in and out the scale dynamically changes to always be the same on the screen, which is how it's supposed to work I believe.

What I need is a way to set the scale of the hatch and have it stay consistent at a smaller scale than that which it displays at in World mode currently.

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 18381

Posted on Monday, December 03, 2012 - 05:00 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Chico,

To UnHatch an object, simply pick it (or a face of the object) and choose the "first Hatch" (= NONE).

Currently there is not a lot of management for the predefined Hatch Patterns, but if you quit formZ and rename the autodessys: formZ 7.0 folder, then they will be restored. More control over this will be added in the future.

Evan,

Yes, for Hatches applied in the Layout mode, there should be the ability to set the scale smaller. Thanks for your report, we will get this corrected.