Transparent grid for on surface ? Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2012 » Archive July - Dec 2012 » Transparent grid for on surface ? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Martin Leblanc
Username: Mleblancarch

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2012 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Is there a way to make the grid a bit transparent when it displays on surface / volumes ? It would ease the visibility of my snaps.

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 18368

Posted on Monday, December 03, 2012 - 11:09 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Hi Martin,

If you go to the File Menu: Project Settings: Appearance Tab, you can create a Custom Style -- and choose the desired colors for the Grid (Major and Minor). If you adjust these, does this give you what you want?

Martin Leblanc
Username: Mleblancarch

Post Number: 12
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2012 - 02:54 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

For me, the only way to be just the right shade for a grid would be to be always slightly darker than the surface style it appears on without being too 'contrasty', for this it needs to be transparent because surface could be any shade of colors.

I want the grid to appear very dim on whatever surface style I am working on. For a dark gray surface, dim would be slightly lighter gray, but if, in the same drawing I also work on , say on a light yellow surface, the same grid ( dark gray) is going to be too dark. I could change to a light colored grid, but then I will have the same issue on the darker surface style...

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 18376

Posted on Monday, December 03, 2012 - 02:56 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Martin,

Ok, we will see if a transparency feature can be added in the future. :-)