Help -I broke the materials palette Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2012 » Archive July - Dec 2012 » Help -I broke the materials palette « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kevin
Username: Ccs93

Post Number: 52

Posted on Friday, December 07, 2012 - 03:00 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Was working on a model on my MacBook Pro, transferred it to my MacPro to continue work but found when I tried to render an image that I forgot to copy over a wood material that I had used on the laptop. Copied it, pointed fz7 to it, all was well.

Unfortunately, now I can't rename or edit any material. I quit & restarted formZ, then the whole computer & even opened a new project with no luck. When I double click on a material, I get a few seconds of beach ball, then nothing -the program doesn't freeze or anything (I can build & render) but has locked me out of editing materials. I can even create new ones & delete them. If I right click>edit on one, still nothing.

What did I do? More importantly, what can I do? I'm kinda dead in the water until I clear this up.

Kevin
Username: Ccs93

Post Number: 53

Posted on Friday, December 07, 2012 - 03:18 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Okay, I found my problem.

Somehow, I closed the flippy triangle on the "Material Parameters" dialog box that opens when you edit a material & it was along the top of my screen blending in with another palette.

I stumbled upon this while trying a few things at random such as changing how the palette was viewed to list & back to icon with no luck, but when I closed the palette altogether I saw the titlebar of the parameters box at the top of my screen.

Thought I'd post back in case anyone else also does this by accident.
Being after 3am isn't helping me either.

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 18438

Posted on Friday, December 07, 2012 - 08:31 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Kevin,

Yes, if you put palettes behind other palettes they can be hard to find, especially if they are collapsed. If you close and reopen them (from the palettes menu) then they will come to the front...