Tool manager Register | Edit Profile | Moderators | Log Out
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Search

AutoDesSys Forums » form•Z Discussion » Archive 2012 » Archive July - Dec 2012 » Tool manager « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

evan troxel
Username: Evant

Post Number: 440

Posted on Monday, December 17, 2012 - 01:22 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Hi,

I'm finally getting into setting up the tool manager for an easy way to get to tools I don't want to memorize keyboard shortcuts for. A couple of things:

1. Is there a way to load my settings from one machine to another for this kind of thing? For instance, I have a laptop and a 27" iMac. I'd like to share settings like this without screwing up my modeling window size and palette placement between the two.

2. I've noticed when using the auto-arrange button that it sometimes placed icons on top of each other. It is also possible to manually place icons on top of others when snapping to the grid.

3. We can look through the palettes in the main toolbar when the Tool Manager is open, which is great. But we can't draw when the Tool Manager is open, even though it LOOKS just like any other palette which is confusing. I get that we need to close the palette to commit the changes, but maybe it needs a "Save" button at the bottom to close it so it doesn't look like all the other palettes on the screen.

support@formZ.com
Username: Tech

Post Number: 18497

Posted on Monday, December 17, 2012 - 03:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Hi Evan,

1. Yes, in the bottom right corner of the Tool Manager there is a little disk icon you can click to save a Favorites tool set.

2. We have been testing to try to reproduce the duplicate tools, and yes, we can do this if you try to -- but we the Auto Arrange is not doing this for us. If you Save a Favorites Set that will then cause the overlapping icons when you auto-arrange, please send this file to us so we can test with this.

3. Yes, the Tool Manager is perhaps a little confusing in that you do need to close it before working. Perhaps the "save" button would help... :-)

Andrew Birch
Username: Povaratti

Post Number: 50
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2012 - 04:31 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

I have an icon customization request that this thread reminds me of. Is it possible to have the FormZ program icon that shows up on desktops and docks to have a small 7 in the upper right corner ?

I run 6.7 and 7 right now, and would love to visually be able to tell them apart on my dock or task bar.

now back to our regularly scheduled tool manager thread.

evan troxel
Username: Evant

Post Number: 442

Posted on Monday, December 17, 2012 - 05:41 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

How did I miss that disk icon! duh... long day...

Thanks!