The internal water tight modeling representation used by form•Z means that form•Z models are ready for 3D printing. Models can be directly exported to industry standard formats for transfer to any 3D printer, CNC or milling process.
form•Z free is a great way to start exploring the power of design with 3D solid modeling. This version has no restrictions for professional, academic, or home use. With form•Z free you can quickly create your own 3D solid models that can even be 3D printed. The models can also be presented using sun studies, real time rendering effects, sectioning and dimensions. form•Z free features a subset of the tools found in form•Z pro and form•Z jr with the same easy to use dynamic interface. form•Z free uses the facetted portion of the solid modeling engine found in form•Z pro. The solids data format maintains an accurate representation of 3D models which is ideal for 3D printing. form•Z free includes a self guided tutorial, on-line manual and a series of youtube videos all help you get started using 3D modeling.
- Available for MacOS X 10.11 or later and Windows 7/8/10.
- Surface Modeling tools including Booleans, NURBS and Subdivision Surfaces.
- Native support for 64 architecture on OS X allows for more content creation.
- Imports SKP, KMZ, DWG, DXF, DAE, OBJ, SAT, STEP and STL files.
- Exports DAE, KMZ, and STL for 3D printing.